30 before 30
Two weeks from today, I turn 26. I’ll officially be closer to 30 than 20, and honestly? That terrifies me. I feel like I’ve already lived so long without doing anything, and life is anything but a given. When you have Muscular Dystrophy, it’s even less of a given.
Not that I’m expecting to die anytime soon, but hey, it’s always possible.
Anyway, I hope none of you will mind too much since I just did a post on my 2018 goals not that long ago, but I wanted to make a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30.
Aaand just in case anyone IS annoyed, have some pictures of my cat, who is the cutest fluffy little babe ever. You can’t be annoyed now! Boom.
Some of these goals are silly, some of them are super achievable, and some of them are pretty lofty. It gives me 4 years which doesn’t feel like very long. I have no idea if that’s enough time, but I did tell you all I love a good list, right?
These aren’t in any particular order, but here we go:
- Get a promotion
- Fly on a plane
- Take a real vacation, preferably overseas
- Read 50 books in one year
- Be in a relationship
- Move somewhere new
- Write a book
- Stay at the beach for a few days and feel the ocean again
- Be able to get my family a new car
- Visit a state park in Florida
- Visit a big city
- Get my anxiety under control
- Go to the Florida keys
- Adopt another cat or adopt a dog
- Downsize and get rid of things I don’t want/need/use
- See a legit magician, like a really good one
- Write something that gets published
- Visit a farm and pet animals all day
- Find a sunflower field and take so. many. pictures.
- Visit New Orleans
- Try digital art again
- Learn a 2nd language
- See a Van Gogh painting in person
- Actually explore Orlando and not just the few places I already know
- Learn a new skill
- Design something that I’m really proud of
- Take a road trip
- Donate money (more than $5 or $10) to charity
- Go on a magical date
- Find a drink I actually like and go out with my friends (which is technically two things, but shh)
I don’t know how many of these I’ll actually complete or how many I’ll lose interest in, but for now, I’m excited about what I’ve come up with. Wish me luck!