26 Happy things for my 26th birthday
Today is my 26th birthday! All month long, I’ve been reading tweets from people who hate the month of January. It’s long, it’s cold, and it makes people sad.
Sometimes when you’re bummed and time feels like it’s dragging, it can be hard to find reasons to smile. So, it’s my birthday, and to celebrate I wanted to share 26 happy things. They might be small things, but there are always good things sprinkled in throughout the bad and it can’t hurt to be reminded. Maybe I need the reminder a little bit for myself, too.
26 happy things and reasons to smile:
- Those times when its the perfect temperature – not too hot not too cool. Just right, with lots of sunshine and a nice breeze.
- That cup of coffee that sets your whole day right
- Binge watching your favorite show all over again
- When a stranger compliments your favorite outfit
- Cuddles with your pet
- The excitement of getting a new phone
- Laughing so hard that you cry and get a stomach cramp
- Treating yourself to the biggest bucket of popcorn when you go to the movies
- Talking to your friend for hours and never running out of things to say
- Petting dogs
- When your favorite band releases a new album
- Losing yourself in a book and reading it on one setting
- Board games and junk food days
- Giving someone the perfect gift
- When someone texts you to tell you something reminded them of you
- Discovering you’re really good at something
- When you make a joke that makes someone laugh so hard they snort
- Staying in your PJs and ordering from your favorite restaurant
- Finding a new outfit you look amazing in
- When your day is going crappy but someone says exactly what you need to hear and everything changes
- Doing something you’re afraid of and having it go better than you ever could have imagined
- Countdowns to an amazing day
- Going somewhere brand new and exploring
- Bear hugs that make you feel warm and special and safe
- Hearing your favorite song live
- Sleeping in on a Saturday after a long week
I know January can be a rough month for a lot of people, but I hope you never forget that you’re loved. Take care of yourself! Be kind and forgiving, just as you would with a friend. Hold on to every single good thing you can find, no matter how small. You’ve got this!