17 Things 2017 Taught Me!
This year has been one of the most stressful years of my entire life, and looking back, I’m not all that sad to see it go. I’m excited for a fresh start and a new chance to do better and hopefully be happier. Despite all the negative, I’m so grateful for all of the wonderful things I experienced and I thought for my last post of the year I’d share 17 things 2017 taught me!
- Life will disappoint you, but you’ll get through it.
- Celebrating the success of others does not take away from your own success or mean that you aren’t also worth celebrating.
- It’s okay to struggle, and it’s okay that people see you struggle.
- Be afraid, but do the thing anyway.
- You should never feel guilty for prioritizing your own happiness.
- It’s okay to not be able to do something. It’s okay to say you can’t. It’s okay to say you don’t want to.
- Being single doesn’t mean you’re unlovable.
- It’s hard to watch other people be so happy when you’re so sad, but remember that their happiness isn’t causing your sadness.
- Embrace the things that make you happy, no matter how dorky they are.
- Be proud of the things you create, even if you think they’re not that good. It still exists because of you, and that’s amazing.
- Success doesn’t always look like what you think it will.
- Don’t let the fear of disappointment stop you from having hope.
- Always wishing you had what someone else has and feeling jealous/bitter about it will only keep you from appreciating what’s right in front of you.
- Don’t give up because you aren’t progressing as fast as you think you should be. You’ll get there, and it will be worth the wait.
- Goodbyes are never easy, but hold on to the memories even if they hurt sometimes.
- Don’t feel bad for starting small, celebrate the fact that you’re starting.
- When things get really hard, remember that once you get through them good things are on their way.